Autumn is by far one of the most beautiful seasons. The leaves on the trees transform from boring green to beautiful shades of red, orange and yellow. The crisp, cool nights and warm, sunny days are a welcome change from the overwhelming heat of the summer. With the smell of pumpkin spice and apple cider in the air, autumn is a wonderfully romantic time of year for a wedding.
The right decorations can set the tone for the entire event, helping to create a beautiful backdrop for all of the festivities. My Wedding Favors has some of our favorite fall wedding favors and fall decorations. If you are getting married in the autumn, try using these five gorgeous fall wedding decorating ideas to enhance your special day:
1. Fill the aisle with colorful leaves. The flower girl traditionally throws flower petals as she walks down the aisle. For an autumn wedding, try replacing the flower petals with colorful leaves. As the leaves cover the ground, it creates a beautiful autumnal pathway for the wedding party to follow.
2. Create pumpkin floral centerpieces. All that you have to do is buy enough small pumpkins to decorate your tables. Cut off their tops and scoop out the insides, leaving the hollow shell of the pumpkin. Place a chunk of floral foam inside each of the pumpkins. Then, arrange the flowers by sticking their stems into the foam. Check this for a great deal on budget friendly DIY Fall Wedding Flowers. Place one of these centerpieces on each of your tables for an eye-catching display.
3. Use tiny pumpkins as place card holders. During the autumn, you can find miniature pumpkins for sale at just about any grocery store. These pumpkins are a fun way to create unique place card holders for your guests. All that you have to do is cut a little slit vertically down into the stem of each of the pumpkins. Then, simply slip the place cards into the slits to finish off the project.
4. Use bare branches and fairy lights to decorate. If the leaves have already fallen off of the trees, you can still create beautiful decorations using bare tree branches. Flexible branches from willows are ideal for this project. Simply cut some branches and loosely weave them together, wrapping them around any areas that you want to decorate. Weave a string of white fairy lights between the branches to create a light, airy look.
5. Decorate the path leading up to your wedding venue with luminaries made from brown paper bags. Start by tracing the pattern of a leaf onto the front of each bag. Cut the pattern out using a pair of sharp scissors. Place a white paper bag inside each of the brown paper bags. Fill the bottom of the bags with sand so that they stand upright on their own. Add an LED candle in each bag to create the flickering effect of a real flame. The benefit of using LED candles is that you don’t have to worry about safety. Position the luminaries on either side of the path or sidewalk that leads to the door of the venue.
These fall wedding decorating ideas are surprisingly affordable, especially when you consider how beautiful they look and how easy they are to create.